June 4, 2016, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Visit our Plan Your Visit page for pre-festival and early-bird activities, parking and transportation information, and contest details.
Legacy Park, Fort Collins, Colorado
Poudre River Education, Restoration & Celebration!
Poudre RiverFest is a free, family-friendly festival that restores, celebrates and educates people about the Cache la Poudre River.
- Experience scientific research at a bird banding station and go on nature walks to learn about the river and its inhabitants.
- Volunteer to enhance wildlife habitat along the river with hands-on service projects.
- Learn about conserving the Poudre River and its resources through a photo scavenger hunt and kids’ activities.
- Connect with local organizations that conserve the river.
- Dance to live music from Justin Roth, Grant Farm and Mama Lenny and the Remedy.
- Enjoy beer from New Belgium Brewing Co. and food from local eateries.
Schedule of Activities
- 9 -11:00 a.m. – bird banding station (location TBD closer to event date)
- 9 a.m. – nature walk (meet at bridge over Poudre River to Legacy Park)
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – hands-on service projects (visit this page for more information about river cleanup and restoration projects)
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – scavenger hunt activity (bring a camera or smart phone to take pictures; more information to be provided closer to event date)
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Kids Corner hands-on learning and fun!
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Festival celebration with New Belgium beer garden, food, kids’ activities, exhibitors and live music from Justin Roth, Grant Farm and Mama Lenny and the Remedy. Band showtimes are as follows:
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Justin Roth
- 1:45 p.m. – 3.p.m.- Grant Farm
- 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. - Mama Lenny and the Remedy
Volunteer at Poudre RiverFest and be a part of helping us restore and celebrate the Cache la Poudre River.
Volunteers are needed to assist with the afternoon celebration. Sign up to volunteer at the event.
Show Us Your Poudre!
Do you like taking pictures? Upload your river photos to Instagram or Twitter with #PoudreRiverFest leading up to and during the festival and be entered to win a sweet Instant Camera from our friends at New Belgium Brewing. View photo contest poster.
This is a collaborative event that brings together like-minded nonprofits from our local conservation community.
Festival organizers include: