Education • Restoration • Celebration
Poudre RiverFest is a free, family-friendly festival in Fort Collins, Colorado, that restores, celebrates and educates people about the Cache la Poudre River, an important natural resource in our community. The festival features a variety of activities for people to explore the role of the river as an important habitat for wildlife, a recreation area and a source for clean drinking water. Educational and volunteer activities take place throughout the day with a culminating celebration in the afternoon.
June 3, 2017, 12:00–7:00pm
Our Location Has Changed: Adjacent to New Belgium Brewery on the Poudre River Oxbow
Poudre RiverFest is made possible through the support of generous sponsors in our community that care about the Cache la Poudre River. The festival is a collaborative event that brings together like-minded nonprofits from our local conservation community:
- Sustainable Living Association
- Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed
- Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
- Synergy Ecological Restoration
- National Association for Interpretation
- CSU Environmental Learning Center
- Wildlands Restoration Volunteers
Proceeds support the festival activities allowing the community to have a free event where they can learn about and engage with the Poudre River.
Schedule of Activities (Specific times are still being determined)
- 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. – FESTIVAL CELEBRATION with New Belgium beer garden, food, guest speakers, workshops, kids’ activities, exhibitors and live music from Lineage Music Project, Gasoline Lollipops, Dave Miller Blues Band, and Patti Fiasco. Music will be played throughout the day. Stay tuned for updated time slots for specific bands.
- 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. – KIDS CORNER hands-on learning and fun! (located inside the festival grounds)
The current iteration of Poudre RiverFest was first held in May of 2014 in the wake of the devastating high floodwaters of 2013. A group of local nonprofits decided to pool their resources and bring together their unique expertise to create a festival focused solely on the Cache la Poudre River, where people could learn about the river, get their hands dirty and raise a glass to this natural treasure!
Volunteer at Poudre RiverFest and be a part of helping us restore and celebrate the Cache la Poudre River.
Volunteers are needed to assist with the afternoon celebration. Sign up to volunteer at the event.